Identifying Your Wants and Needs
By understanding your specific wants and needs, we can suggest the best strategies to employ.
The Right Realtor For You
People ask “Is it more important to like your Realtor or trust their professional abilities?” Both are vital.
- Remember: a sincere effort is required to genuinely understand you, and care enough to serve your unique needs properly.
- Meet with a few different Realtors.
- Bottom Line: hire the Realtor who makes you feel certain they'll deliver the results you're looking for.
Owning a home sooner than you think
Financial options may be available to help you get into the market sooner than you think. Consult your mortgage professional to determine what works for you. Examples may include:
- The RRSP home buyer plan.
- A loan toward your down payment.
Contact a Mortgage Broker
We work with a number of qualified mortgage specialists. Ask us anytime if you would like advice on who can help you best.
- Mortgage brokers are independent and have access to various lenders to help you secure a great rate with the most favourable terms.
- You’ll want to be careful, although getting the lowest rate is appealing, it can sometimes come with hidden conditions. Getting the terms properly explained to you and fully understanding the type of mortgage you are signing could save you in payout penalties and allow for a broader range of repayment options.
- Clarifying the type of mortgage you’re eligible for is crucial. Getting pre-approved only takes a few minutes and secures a rate for you so there are no surprises.
Finding the Perfect Property
We’ll help make your search and viewings easy using a blend of technology and our battle tested knowledge and experience
- It's not usually wise to buy directly from a builder or through a show home without your own representation.
- Having a trusted professional realtor in your corner will give you peace of mind whether buying from a builder or contemplating a previously owned house. They can also be invaluable for your peace of mind.
Offer, Negotiations, Acceptance, and Deposit
When you are ready to write an offer we draft them to better protect your interests.
- The offer is submitted to the agent repressing the seller.
- Rest assured that by employing expert negotiation skills we work together to negotiate the best terms and conditions, but most importantly you get your home.
- After the negotiating is complete and a deal has been signed, a deposit is due as consideration for the deal as part of the purchase contract. These days, deposits are commonly requested in the form of a bank draft or certified cheque.
We have a set amount of time as stated in the contract, to satisfy all conditions like home inspections, financing, etc.
Closing the Sale
This process involves meeting with your lawyer approximately a week before possession to bring the remainder of your down payment, review the Real Property Report, sign the mortgage paperwork and the transfer of land documents. Funds are exchanged on possession day, the keys will be released to you, and your lawyer will finalize the transfer of land at land titles.
This includes booking moving services and arranging to transfer basic services like your electricity, gas, cable, etc.
All moves are stressful and we've seen it all, so clients are often delighted at how helpful we can be. Our move-in checklist is sure to be of help.
Possession and Moving Day
This is one of the most exciting days in people’s lives, moving into their first home. We look forward to sharing in your joy and helping to ensure a smooth and successful experience.